Laser Hair Removal is performed at our Belrose clinic using our newest diode laser hair removal machine.
This portable unit, acquired in late 2017, is able to target hair on all skin colours using a menu system.
The 755nm wavelength laser is used on light skin colours and thin, soft and light colour hair. The 1064nm laser can remove the hair on dark skin. The 808nm can remove all kinds of hair.
The unit can be adjusted in many ways, depending on the client. Both energy density and pulse frequency can be fine-tuned.
The device is not suitable for clients with any of the following:
- Suntan within one to three months before treatment
- A person with immunosuppression action
- A person with skin disease
- use of isotretinoin (Accutane) within 6 months of treatment;
- Sunburnt within 3 months;
- Not for upper eyelid
- History of keloid formation;
- Bleeding disorder;
- Significant concurrent skin conditions affecting the area to be treated or any inflammatory skin conditions;
- Open lacerations or abrasions on the area to be treated;
- Prior use of an anticoagulant drug;
- Use other hair removal methods like waxing within 6 weeks before treatment;
- Allergic to hydroquinol or other bleach agents.
Clients are requested to clean shave the desired area. Any visible hair on the surface of the skin will absorb the laser's energy, and could possibly damage the skin surface.
There may be slight swelling and a hot sensation after the treatment. For the 24 hours after a treatment, it is best to avoid immersion in water, and also avoid hot water and hard scrubbing as the skin will be sensitive.
It is suggested ice be used to relieve any pain, if present.
After a treatment, limit exposure to UV radiation for 3 to 6 months (especially in summer), as the skin pigment adjusts.
Please call 1300 068 357 to make your booking at our Belrose clinic.